Tuesday, November 10, 2009

40%


It's 11 November. Note for newcomers: a blog is upside down, with first entry at the bottom of the page.
I have been surprised by the turns the story has taken. I had grand plans, but I stopped to look at athe flowers - that kind of thing. It's the flowers that have surprised me. I hadn't thought that I would pay attention to those moments.
Yes, I know that these metaphors can be annoying when you haven't seen one word of the novel. What am I talking about? All in good time.
Am I still on track? My word count is over 40% now. There is still a long way to go and there are other activities between now and the end of the month that will intervene. But I think I'm about where I need to be at this point. I never thought I would have anything in common with distance runners.
In terms of the story, I keep asking myself, where am I? I retain my faith in it. I think it will get to somewhere good. The question is, will I be able to include all of the things I intended to include? Well, no. Does that mean I lose the essence or the structure of the story? I could, but I'm not going to. Let's see, shall we?
The image? The sage. It is a photo of an object I own. It relates to what's happening in the story right now. It seemed to be necessary to have a discussion about meditation, before the hero sets out on his next saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment